Saturday, May 10, 2008

KFOG KABOOM

My friend Adrian is in town, visiting from England and so Wendy and I took out one of the club's J24s to give him a tour around the bay, finishing up with the KFOG fireworks display under the bay bridge. It was howling today. We put on the 80% and a reef in at the dock -- the first time I've ever felt the need. I'm glad I did. The boat got battered on the upwind leg to Alcatraz. Cold. Wet. And the fog started rolling in two hours before sunset. We abandoned our plans to get to the Golden Gate and headed to be in sight of the city front before the fog caught up with us. Under the Bay Bridge was a parking lot. We anchored and rafted up with a friend of ours. Wine. Cheese and Crackers. Cocoa. Mmmm...

Sailing back to Berkeley was a bitch in dark and the limited visibility from the fog. Made for a lot of tension.

 

 

No comments: